Messing around on the piano. It's sorta my thing. I like to go to the practice rooms in the music building after classes sometimes and just play. Decompress. It's almost like I get to turn my brain off for a while, stop thinking and planning and analyzing. No sheet music, just let my fingers explore the ivory. Lately my problem has been that sometimes I come up with some decent stuff, but since it's by ear, I can't remember it the next time I sit at the piano. So. I've started recording improvisational developments on my laptop. Nothing fancy at all, I don't even edit or re-record. It's all raw and in-the-moment. 

 I've decided to try to "play through" the book of Psalms. Psalms was written to be sung, but I thought it would be cool to play them on the piano. Like, read a psalm a few times and meditate on it and then improvise an interpretation for it on the piano. I'll start with Psalm 1 later, but today I needed to read Psalm 62 and be reminded that God is my strength. Sometimes it takes reaching the end of my own strength and collapsing. Today was one of those days. I have nothing, am nothing, can do nothing apart from You. You are my Righteousness. You are my King. You are my Fortress. You are Faithful. You are good. You are love. You are true to Your word. You are Worthy. You are the Alpha and Omega. You are my Salvation. You are my Inheritance. You are Creator of all. You are in control. You are the Lord my God.