Given the Stars

There are many different kinds of promises. Promises that others make to us, promises that we make to ourselves, promises that are kept, promises that are broken, promises that are unspoken but exist all the same. Whenever I am full of doubt or fear, I like to look up at the night sky. The stars remind me of promises that have been kept, are being kept, and will be kept. They seem to whisper hope and eternity in a single breath. Just as the Lord told Abraham that his descendants would be as numerous as the stars in the sky, we also know that He has promises and plans for us that He will never forget. The stars, for me, are a promise of His everlasting love, of His faithfulness from generation to generation, and when I look at the night sky, my problems suddenly seem very small.